Performs a wide variety of responsible and complex administrative, secretarial and clerical duties for the Head Start management team and other Head Start staff as directed; to coordinate and participate in office support functions in support of Head Start's goals and objectives.
Clerical support includes but not limited to:
- Desktop publishing: monthly newsletters, diplomas, programs, flyers, give-away tickets, etc.
- Maintains a calendar of events
- Data Entry: using a specialized client tracking system
- Correspondence: letters, memos, reports, process and policy procedures
- Event planning: Head Start Policy Council meetings
- Take and transcribe minutes from staff and Policy Council meetings.
- Must be a US citizen; have a Permanent Resident Card, or an Alien Registration Receipt Card (form 1-551)
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record (NOT TO EXCEED 6 PTS)
- Must have and maintain a criminal history absent of convictions for violent crimes or for any crime against children
- Two years of increasingly responsible secretarial experience
- Advanced computer skills to include experience with Microsoft Office Suite; database entry and report manipulation; desktop publishing
- High school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by specialized secretarial training
- College-level course work in business administration, public administration, or a related field is desirable.
- Drug free testing required.