Responsible for the overall operation of the Head Start Center for children and staff in a manner that contributes to the growth and development of children and the professional growth and development of staff.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute an ongoing program of activities that contributes to the care, growth, and development of children and families.
- Supervise and evaluate all staff and volunteers assigned to center. Monitor staff activity to ensure completion of required tasks by each category of staff.
- Operate the center program in conformity with governmental and agency standards for the physical safety and well-being of children and adults who use the center
- Must have bachelor’s degree.
- Must have experience in administration and supervision of staff.
- Must be a US citizen; have a Permanent Resident Card, or an alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record (NOT TO EXCEED 6 PTS)
- Must have and maintain a criminal history absent of convictions for violent crimes or for any crime against children.
- Pre-employment drug testing required.