The Cook will work under the general supervision of the Head Start Nutrition Coordinator and direct supervision of the center manager. Cook III is responsible for preparation and serving of breakfast, snack and serving the lunch prepared and received from other satellite kitchen.
- Prepare and serve food in an attractive and tasteful manner
- Maintain food storage, kitchen areas and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition daily, ensuring compliance with local and state health sanitation and safety standards.
- Notify Nutrition Coordinator and/ or Nutrition Clerk II if equipment is in need of repair and/or if additional utensils or equipment are needed.
- Follow menus as developed by the Nutrition Coordinator and ensure any menu changes are approved by Nutrition Coordinator and/or Nutrition Clerk II.
- Maintains accurate meal counts, food and supply records as stated in policy and procedures for Head Start and the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
- Communicates with Nutrition Coordinator or Nutrition Clerk II about menu changes for children with food allergies, food related disability, religious reason, and parent preference.
- Hairnets and gloves must be worn daily.
- Attend staff meetings, pre-service and in-service training as required.
- Must have transportation
- Pick-up and deliver meals as needed
- Responsible for inventory and ordering janitorial supplies
- Responsible for securing janitorial supplies and other hazardous materials.
- Responsible for overall cleanliness and safety at the center and the center grounds, report any safety and maintenance issues to the Center Manager immediately.
- Performs other duties as required
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in cooking for large number of people
- Must be a US citizen; have a Permanent Resident Card, or an alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record (NOT TO EXCEED 6 PTS)
- Must have and maintain a criminal history absent of convictions for violent crimes or for any crime against children.