The Cook will work under the general supervision of the Head Start Nutrition Coordinator and direct supervision of the Center Manager.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepare and serve food in an attractive and tasteful manner
- Maintain food storage, kitchen areas, and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition daily according to health regulations
- Maintains accurate meal counts, food and supply records as stated in policy and procedures for Head Start and the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
- Communicates with Nutrition Coordinator or Nutrition Clerk II about menu changes for children with food allergies, food related disability, religious reason, and parent preference.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in cooking for large number of people
- Must be a US citizen; have a Permanent Resident Card, or an alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record (NOT TO EXCEED 6 PTS)
- Must have and maintain a criminal history absent of convictions for violent crimes or for any crime against children.