Under the supervision and direction of the Head Start Director, the Parent, Family, Community Engagement Coordinator provides support and technical assistance to direct service staff in the content areas of family partnerships and engagement, community resources and collaborations, support service delivery, training and mentoring, monitoring and reporting, and providing best practices in working with families. Apply professional expertise in parent, family and community engagement, working in cooperation with all other disciplines (Education, Disabilities, Health, Mental Health, Nutrition and Administration) in order to provide internal consulting services, training and compliance monitoring.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline, combined with a minimum of two years of professional level experience in specialty areas preferably in a social service environment.
- Demonstrated teaching or training skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of local community resources.
- Ability to provide compliance monitoring in a proactive and supportive manner.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, internet and e-mail.
- Current enrollment in the Child Care Division- Central Background Registry.
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License, proof of current auto insurance and access to transportation.