The Secondary Teacher works cooperatively with the Primary Teacher and assists in implementing daily Early Childhood Development learning experiences and activities. Encourage parent participation in the classroom in special activities, in active learning and socialization. Maintain confidentiality at all times.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the implementation of daily lesson plans.
- Knowledge of the curriculum and assessments.
- Provide and assist in maintaining and developing a safe and healthy learning environment for all children, including children with disabilities.
- Assist in maintaining complete and concise records for each child.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Assist in implementing IEP’s for children with disabilities.
- Complete daily attendance records, meals serve and records.
- Assist with making staff parent conferences.
- Encourage parent participation in the classroom in special activities, in active learning and socialization.
- Must have CDA or Diploma in ECE from Technical school
- Must possess a valid first aid and CPR certification
- Must be a US citizen; have a Permanent Resident Card, or an alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record (NOT TO EXCEED 6 PTS)
- Must have and maintain a criminal history absent of convictions for violent crimes or for any crime against children.