Job Summary: This work is performed under the supervision of the Dispatcher. This position operates the vehicle used in transporting clients.
- Operates vehicles used in transporting clients in accordance with the trip order.
- Ensures all clients are in proper restraints in compliance with MGCAA Operating Plan and the National Highway Traffic Safety Regulations.
- Walks through the bus at the end of the route to ensure that no client has been left unattended.
- Maintains or arranges for maintenance for the vehicle.
- Maintains a daily log of all trips, noting odometer readings, clients transported and statistical information as required by the program funding this position.
- Reports any accidents to the immediate supervisor and completes accident reports accordingly.
- Must obtain a police report at the time of any accident. Report any accidents in writing to the immediate supervisor. Follow established plan of action for accidents/incidents/moving violations.
- Performs other duties as required.
Job Skills – Must do
- Possess the ability to relate and communicate with clients.
- Ability to follow guidance and accept training and technical assistance as needed and provided
- Must have the physical ability to provide for the safety of all clients utilizing the vehicle
Minimum Requirements of the Position
- Must be a US citizens; have a Permanent Resident Card, or alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)
- Must be at least 24 years of age with 3 years driving experience
- No suspended license within he past 3 years
- 7 year MVR from DMV aka DDS
- No more than 2 violations/DUIs in 3 year period within the past 5 years of 7 year MVR Record
- No prior convictions of sexual or violent crime; and felony with past 5 years must be reviewed by DHR.