Job Summary: Plans, implements and supervises After School and Summer Camp programs for youth in grades K-12 following all requirements.
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Devises, develops and coordinates programs, services and activities that prepare youth for success, promoting safety of members and quality in programs at all times.
- Responsible for implementing special initiatives and age specific programming in the agency’s Cyber Smarties/ Bullying curriculum.
- Plan special events, such as guest speakers, performances or field trips.
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members including maintaining a ratio of staff to members of 1:25 or less.
- Gain a working knowledge of grant outcome expectations and report results as requested.
- Serve sincerely as a youth advocate to all youth, especially those in need of role modeling, resources, and advocacy.
- Recruit and retain participants for the duration of programs to successfully educate and fully connect with youth.
- Actively contribute to the organizational culture of outstanding teamwork.
- Communicate daily with supervisors as well as other professional staff to discuss issues and provide and/or receive information. Initiates and monitors regular communication with members, as needed for discipline, advice and counsel.
- Ability to work with youth in grades K-12
- Help develop - The Arts, Sports & Fitness & Recreation, Health & Life Skills, Character & Leadership Skills.
- Ensure that the program area is secure and clean.
- Ensure that program equipment is in good condition and instruct members in the proper use of the equipment.
- Discipline members fairly, consistently, and only according to established policies and procedures.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in staff meetings.
- Bachelor Degree in social, behavioral, human services or education field
- Two years of experience working with youth; tutoring or mentoring experience is desirable
- Must be a US citizen; have a Permanent Resident Card, or an alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record (NOT TO EXCEED 6 PTS)
- Must have and maintain a criminal history absent of convictions for violent crimes or for any crime against children.
- CPR and First Aid Certifications (or obtain within the first three months of employment).
Send Resume or print an application @ www.mgcaa.org to
121 Prince Street
WARNER ROBINS, GA 31093